Cut People Some Slack


Photo Credit: Pixabay.com

During a boot camp I attended in 2017, I tried as much to talk to a classmate who part of me had started believing was a snob. Later, I would learn she is hard of hearing.

We have many 'one kain' people around us. I chose that word for that's how we often think of them. They cannot always be the best they should be. We are hurt by their actions and inactions towards us. They seem not to care about several things. Or be as sensitive as we expect an average human to be.

Because, they do not have to be confined to some hospital bed in that kind of traditional way, or be assigned in a rehabilitation centre or somewhere other than where we easily see them, they move about like that, many of them smiling through their suffering, pain and illnesses and some nagging and bickering their way through it. In all, these individuals are trying to navigate the life they are living, the best way they can.

"Always be humble and gentle. Be patient with each other, making allowance for each other’s faults because of your love." ~ Eph 4:2.

We would never know what they are going through, relatives and friends who didn't help, who didn't ask how we finally sorted out that issue. 

These persons would keep appointments with their ENT doctors, physiotherapists, gynaecologists, psychologists, just to mention a few. Sometimes, one person would have to visit three or four of the those in a short while.

Many of them spend so much money or energy and time trying to salvage themselves from depression, anxiety disorder, hearing loss, insulin issues, visual impairment, infertility, infection, heart disease and all whatnots. 

We would never ever know it. 

The thing is, there's so much suffering in this world that we wouldn't be doing good keeping records of peoples' wrongs. We sometimes, get a share of these despairing situation too. 

Cut them some slack.



Comments

  1. life's journey have taught me not to judge or run into conclusions too quick.
    People are going through tough times, a whole lot of them.
    I make sure each day as I go about my daily routine, I try as much as possible not to be the reason anyone lose hope in life.... Cut them some slack ��


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Truly, we should give hope and not add to people's misery. Thank you for stopping by, Jude.

      Delete
  2. Well said. I'm totally inspired by this. Life is really hard on a lot of people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for finding this helpful. Remain blessed.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts